Must-Have Accessories for Summer 2012
The icing on the cake of your fashion statement is what you choose to accessorize with. As you work hard to keep your wardrobe full of the latest fashion trends, you will need to work equally hard to keep your accessories in sync as well. Never underestimate the power of the right accessory.
- The future is now. With so many recent technological advances, it’s no wonder that the fashion industry is also reflecting a look to the future. Bold silver and metallic accessories are very trendy now, along with unique designs that combine curved and straight edges in a futuristic way. Many of these accessories appear to have come straight from the future, and are a great addition to any edgy look.
- The floral patterns that once adorned your bedroom walls are now a popular pattern for handbags and clutches. There are many vintage patterns from the 50’s to the 70’s that look amazing on a clutch purse. These bold patterns are best matched with solid color.
- Old is new again. Vintage earrings are in this season, their one-of-a-kind colors and shapes are what make these popular. Although you can find these vintage looks for sale in many fashion accessory stores, you can get a truly vintage look by shopping at thrift stores and antique shops. This is great for the person who wants to keep up with latest trends, but can’t necessarily afford expensive designer jewels.
- Bigger is better. With bracelets, big and bold are what’s in this season. A wide plastic bracelet is perfect for every occasion and goes with anything. You can find them in solid colors or patterns, and in various thicknesses and shapes.
- Natural beauty. Another look for accessories that is very popular today is a natural one. Natural greens, browns, and tans are used in a lot of accessories with patterns from nature. You can find earrings, handbags, scarves, and even shoes that reflect this very down to earth, natural look that helps to draw out the natural beauty of the person wearing them.
Fashion designers today mix and match these current trends to create unique fashion accessories that work for any look. You can find flowers added to a futuristic shoe or a big bracelet that made from natural woods and colors. However you choose to combine these trends, you are sure to look fabulous.